יום שני, 30 במאי 2011

Cherish

I kept a few Emails Tal sent me over the years. Not enough, but at least I have a few. 


He sent me the following Email on February 18th 2002, in reply to my Email titled: "Travel journal, Friday, Day 6th (February 8th)" .
I was abroad for about a month then (Cuba & Italy) and
sent an elaborate travel journal to my friends and family by lengthy Emails (didn't have a blog then...). 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey, sis,

Having your travel tales unfold in front of me is amazing. I never knew you had this talent for writing... I guess it runs in the family. I think you should do something with it, honestly.


You also seem to have a talent for enjoying life... which means I keep smiling while reading your journal. I actually felt your sorrow and love when you and Lilah parted... every time I finish reading, I'm already looking forward to the next episode.


Now, especially, and of course, I want to hear about your dinner with the Royal family... the closest I ever came was having dinner at the Jumayel family home, in Lebanon, about 20 years ago (an interesting story... I can tell you about it next we meet, if you want).


Lots of love and kisses
Bro.



PS: I like having you for a sister.
----------------------------------------
When in doubt, do the right thing




------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Yesterday I was notified an article I wrote was accepted by a website and will be published online, for the first time. (My first article was published in a printed magazine. This is my second article in the total countdown, but the first to be published online). 


I spent the next few minutes jumping up and down in joy and excitement - and the following hours in tears, because I can't tell Tal about it, and I can't have his feedback on what I write and how I write it, and I can't have him being proud of me and happy for me. 

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

תודה על השיתוף (הבלוג מאפשר תגובות מזוהות בלבד).
Thank you for sharing (The blog does not allow commenting anonymously)